Friday, August 8, 2014

She is 49

So on 9th August 1965, Singapore gain her independence and today, she is 49! It wasn't easy for Singapore but she made it! Year after year, she became better and better. 

I remember when I was in my secondary school, I was the National Day (School Parade) parade commander for the year 2010. Deep down in my heart, I was happy and proud to be a Singaporean. I was proud of my country. A young country that many others look up to. 


There picture was taken by a friend and I would say that being the parade commander was never easy. The level of stress is really high because all the attention is on you. The teachers, the students and the Guest-Of-Honor which is one of the MP. 

I remembered that nothing went right during the training. Every training, I would say a wrong command. However, on the actual day, everything went smoothly. I was really glad and proud of myself. 

Being the parade commander, it gave me a sense of pride. Holding on to the drill cane and giving out the command and to salute to our country. 

I AM HAPPY AND PROUD TO BE A SINGAPOREAN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE


No comments:

Post a Comment